Monday 10 December 2012

A scary story

I have been plugging more blatantly than usual just recently, mainly because Christmas is coming and, if my books don't sell at Christmas, when will they sell?

I hate pushing my books at people. I keep hoping that one day I'll be a big successful author with a major publisher and I won't have to do this. So this story was quite scary.

I had persuaded an independent bookseller to take a couple of copies of my books and he remarked that he had a friend whose novel had made the Times best-seller list, somewhere in the Top 20. Yet bookshops were often out of stock of his book. In order to make sure that his book was there for people to buy, this really successful writer would spend his time visiting bookshops and asking them to reorder his books.

It never stops.

Please buy my books. Otherwise I'll have to go down to Waterstones and grovel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment